Monday 4 May 2015

ResQme Car Safety Tool - hope I never need it!



When we first bought Denzel the campervan I bought two of these from a well known online retailer and I hope I never need to use them! Until we got the van I hadn't given any thought to the fact that the kids are not sitting immediately behind us like they do in the family car. In the event of an emergency they are actually quite a long way behind us and this made me feel uncomfortable (I know they are big grown up teenagers but I still didn't like it!) Now we have one on the vehicle keyring and one in the cabin of the van close to where the kids sit and they both know how to use it.

The ResQme tool was invented by an American and was initially only sold to police, fire and paramedic personnel for use in the course of their jobs. Fortunately it is now available to purchase in the UK too. It is a small, lightweight emergency window breaker and seat belt cutter that will fit on your keyring.



The advantages of the ResQme over a more conventional emergency hammer are:-

  • a spring-loaded head that requires minimum effort to break a window.
  • a razor sharp blade to cut through a seatbelt, safely contained in a strong plastic casing.
  • the whole thing quickly detaches from the keyring in an emergency so no need to fiddle with it to remove it.
  • it is small and lightweight and you can carry it on your keys at all times meaning you may have it with you to help in someone else's emergency
  • because it attaches to a keyring it isn't going to be stuffed into the bottom of the glove compartment where you can't find it if you ever need it.
I bought two of these for £17.00 which I thought was pretty reasonable. If you take a look at the ResQme website you will find a video of the device in action.




2 comments:

  1. Another great post! I hope others find you soon because you really deserve more readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Evelino, thank you again for your comments. It's early days so I'm not expecting too many visitors. Hopefully I am writing about something that might interest others so you never know, I might get some more visitors eventually. Kind regards......

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback but please keep it polite!