Friday 15 May 2015

The J-Pillow - a great little travel pillow



I first came across the J-Pillow when I was searching for travel pillows on Amazon. We had just recently completed a long drive in Denzel the campervan and both kids had fallen asleep in the back on the way home. They woke up with very stiff necks and I used that as an excuse for a spot of Internet shopping!

A quick search will bring up many different types of travel pillow. I looked at them all and read many reviews before settling on the J-Pillow. I paid £15 for mine but I did notice that they varied considerably in price depending on what colour you wanted and where you got it from. I was impressed by the number of very positive reviews so I took a chance and bought one pillow to try out. We were so impressed we have since bought two more (one for each passenger - not for the driver!)

The J-Pillow looks as if it shouldn't be comfortable. It even comes with a diagram showing you how to use it because it is not immediately intuitive. It does, however, cradle your head providing support where it is needed and stopping your head from falling forward. We have all used one now and we are all agreed that it is very comfortable. I suffer from an old whiplash injury that requires fairly regular treatment from a Chiropractor. I always sleep with an orthopaedic pillow because, if I don't, I will suffer for several days with neck pain and stiffness. Prior to discovering the J-Pillow I would do everything I could to stay awake on long journeys because I knew I would be in pain afterwards if I did - now I don't have to worry.



Here's what the inventor has to say about the product - 'How does the J-Pillow work?.......Unlike anything else on the market, the J-Pillow is specially designed to cradle your head from the side, keeping it elevated and supported. At the same time, the J-Pillow slots in under your chin to support your head from the front as well. This revolutionary design stops your head from falling forward, which often happens when you nod off. The result just could be the best sleep you'll ever have sitting up.'

Why do I like it?:-

  • It is very comfortable with lovely soft fabric
  • It squishes down quite small so it can be stuffed into a small space if required - great for travelling by aeroplane or backpacking
  • It is an award-winning British invention
What don't I like?:-
  • I can't think of anything

So, if you do a lot of travelling and you find it difficult getting comfortable this could be the pillow for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback but please keep it polite!